First, I want to apologize to everyone whose emailed me. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back in touch with you. I've been incredibly busy the last few months, and I just haven't had a chance to look into the issue yet.
Having said that, let me backtrack and start at the beginning. Apparently (judging from the emails) there is a problem with the source code for my 2-part iPhone Productivity Application article in MacTech. And the code does not compile.
As I said earlier, I haven't had a chance to look at this yet. However, here is some background information. As you may know, MacTech accidentally printed the articles out of order. To make things even more confusing, I changed some of the source code between the first and second version. No, I don't remember exactly what I changed--just cleaned things up a bit as I remember. Anyway, I provided MacTech with two copies of the source code. Both compiled fine on my machine (though I didn't test them on others). I think they should be pretty compatible, but obviously I only tested the first set of source code with the first article, and the second set with the second.
So, if MacTech only has one version online, I'm not sure which one it is. Also, the SDK has changed somewhat since I originally wrote the code. It shouldn't have affected anything, but if you're compiling against a newer (or for that matter, an older version of the SDK), the code might not work. I believe I compiled it against version 2.0, but I'm not sure.
I will try to look into this more in the near future. If you've had any success with the source code, please go ahead and add a comment with whatever information you have.
Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.